Welcome to Logbook-loans.net
Monetize your car
Most, if not all of us, sometimes find ourselves in financial crises and in dire need of some quick cash. Many of us have also dealt with the frustration that comes with banks turning down our desire for quick loans and that’s where we, Logbook-loans.net step in. Logbook loans are simply loans which you acquire using your vehicle as security. Here at Logbook-loans.net, we allow you to continue driving your vehicle as you repay the loan. We work with the largest logbook lenders in the UK to not only save you the time spent going through the various lenders for such, but we also provide you with the most competitive rates for such loans. The loan you get largely depends on the value of the vehicle you own, so you can get as much or as little as you need.
Who’s Eligible for Logbook Loans?
Our requirements for you to secure a logbook loan are not as stringent as is normally the case. You could have your loan approved the same day you apply for it. The following are the qualities that we look into to establish your credibility:-
- You must indicate that you are the registered owner of the vehicle for which you want a loan against. That is, the logbook or V5 document must be in your name.
- You must be a UK citizen and be over 18 years of age. Therefore, proof of identification is necessary as you apply for the loan.
- The vehicle must have been insured and taxed and you must possess a valid MOT certificate.
- You must indicate that the vehicle has little or no financial debt.
- Your ability to repay the loan must be established, so a regular source of income is necessary. Recent payslips or even bank statements could be necessary in order to get such information verified. Being self-employed, however, does not stop you from obtaining a logbook loan as long as a stable source of regular income is established.
- Recent bills in order to verify your permanent address are also necessary.
Taking out the Logbook Loan
The process of obtaining a logbook loan is different in England, Wales and Northern Ireland from the process in Scotland. In England, Wales and Northern Ireland, a bill of sale is will have to be signed unlike in Scotland where the document is not legally binding. A bill of sale is a credit agreement form signed by you, indicating that the lender temporarily own your vehicle. You have the ability to still use it so long as you make the repayments. The lender then registers it with the High Court to enable them to repossess the vehicle in case you are not able to meet the repayment requirements. When you are able to fully pay your loan, the bill of sale becomes invalid and is basically ineffective. This means that the car ownership is fully restored to you and the risk of your lender repossessing it is no longer there.
Lenders in Scotland operate under different credit terms and becoming versant with the Consumer Credit Act of 1974 would help you choose which lender to work with. Rather than signing the aforementioned bill of sale, a sale agreement is signed. This indicates that the vehicle ownership has been transferred to the logbook lender. We then hire the vehicle back to you under a hire purchase arrangement. Just like it is in the previous case, you still get to use your vehicle.
Getting your Logbook Loan
When the need for a logbook loan arises, you can get in touch with us at any of our branches across the UK to obtain a quote or simply use the online calculator to get an online quote. We understand that you could be busy and probably none of the two options may work for you. In this case, just get in touch with us and we will arrange to meet up with you at your own convenience.
An inspection of the vehicle is necessary to enable us to value your vehicle accordingly. This will not only help us best advise you on how much money you can obtain against the vehicle, but also calculate the repayments based on what works best for you. If you are approved for the loan, you can get the cheque the very same day. The cheque only takes a few days to clear or we could arrange for you to obtain the loan in cash at a small fee.
Why Choose Us for your Logbook Loans?
- You can choose to either have weekly or monthly repayments. The repayments cover the amount originally borrowed and the interest earned. Overpayments are also allowed.
- There are no hidden charges as all default charges and interest earned on the loan are clearly laid down on our pre-loan documents.
- The hassle-free application process as well as the very flexible terms and conditions make us your number one choice for logbook lending company. We also tailor the loans to your specific needs.
- We provide the loan regardless of your credit history. Whether you have a not so appealing credit history or have actually never taken a loan, we treat everyone fairly.
- Very competitive interest rates. The interest charged is dependent on the length of time you intend to pay back. The shorter the time, the lesser the interest.
- You can get the loan regardless of the age and value of the vehicle. The greater the value and smaller the age of your vehicle, the higher the amount lent to you and vice versa.
- We respect our clients and therefore ensure utmost discretion in all our dealings. Logbook loans generally do not require third parties such as guarantors. It’s just you and us; and as such, confidentiality is guaranteed.